Thursday, February 11, 2010

Well, I got a new promotion at my job. YAY!!!! My first day on the job consisted of traveling to Philadelphia all by myself. This was my first time traveling by myself at the airport. The plane was just about ready to land in Philly when it took off again. A little scary but the pilot said there was another plane on the runway. It was also my first cab ride in Philadelphia. And yes English was the driver's second language. My first check in at a skyscraper hotel. I am on the 26th floor and my view is amazing. I will try and post pictures when I get home. I have also been part of the record breaking snow storm. They shut down the Federal Building so my 3 day meeting turned into a 1 day meeting and a 2 day party in the hotel with my co-workers. This kind of snow storm although inconvenient in Utah, would not shut down the city but here in the east where they only get an average of 12 inches a year, 60 inches in one week is dangerous. I went to Mass for the first time ever in the St. Basilicas church across the street in the middle of the storm because my co-worker invited me. Very beautiful and interesting. Half my team have the New York accents, at least the most talkative ones did! We also have a Southern Baptist from Texas, a Utah Goth Girl, a second Mormon from Hooper, and East Indian from NY and a Catholic from NY. So many interesting and nice people. I have had a blast. My boss seems very nice. Everyone is nice. I am on the Hotel's complimentary computer right now with a 20 minute limit so I have to go. See everyone later!

5 comments:

DreamPacker said...

wow, sounds like fun! I am so glad you got that promotion! Keep up the good work.

WildBound said...

WOW!!!! I'm sure you'll have lots of stories to tell when you get home! Remember, Aaron went there on his mission...I'm sure he'd love to hear about it! Go Kira!

Desertbound said...

Yea! Yea! Super yea! Sounds like you are having a blast! Keep posting. Get home safe. Love you!

CowboyBob said...

What a rich adventurous group to work with. Gotta love new adventures. Happy for you. Love ya,

Canyonsrcool said...

Awesome~ I love to fly and travel. Congrats on the new job. That's way cool.